View Single Post
Old
04-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Codependent
Fail for Nail!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
this no fear of the caps pp thing. the rangers dont score. 1 goal against that could have been prevented is tough for them to make up. avery takes one punching the goalie penalty and ov scores one ppg and torts is hung out to dry.
Yeah, I agree, I really don't see how they can afford to keep Avery out there if he starts putting the Caps on the powerplay. This was a 1-1 game that went deep into the first over time period for crying out loud. Also, the Caps only got 2 power plays the whole game- even if they were killing it- thats very few chances, so if they start getting 4-5 or 5 all of a sudden I think its makes an immense difference. I thought their powerplay created a number of good scoring chances and looked a lot better down the stretch. Green was in for the first time in six weeks, the more he gets the rust off the more dangerous the Powerplay is. Semin scoring early and getting the game tying assist is huge and same with Ovie who has so much pressure on him and Green's assist was nice too. These guys getting going early does not bode well for the Rangers. Semin's problem is how streaky he is because we want consistency but the upside is that once he gets going it usually means a hot streak. Arnott with the huge pla and game winning assist to Semin is awesome too- these guys playing well together can only mean good things- I hope Brooksie is on that line start to finish this game though. We went into this series worried about how Neuvy would handle things, thats answered too now. All that being said, we barely found a way to tie that one. When we did tie it though, it was on a dirty goal- go figure. We need more of that to get through the tough times. They dug deep for that and got it done- I loved the way Ovie leveled that dude right before the scrum for the goal. The Rangers are not going to stop fighting for this though. I'd love to see us score early. Assuming the Caps stay focused, the Rangers will have a lot more trouble playing from behind.

Codependent is offline   Reply With Quote