Thread: Line Combos: New Stoll-less Lines 4/15
View Single Post
Old
04-15-2011, 05:29 PM
two out of three*

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
And that relates to his point... how?

He said that Lewis paid his dues. Schenn has not. That was his point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
Even still though, at this point in time Lewis is the better option, hands down.

Doesn't make sense to throw a professional rookie into a scoring role in the playoffs if you have a guy who's potted 20 AHL goals on a weak offensive team and is five seasons into his pro career as an alternative.
I hate the "paying dues" excuse to protect certain guys. It's the best man for the job, I don't care how many games you've played in the minors or how many games you got in the NHL because you're one of Terry Murrays butt-buddies. I like Lewis' efforts on the PK. It's too bad for him that there are A LOT of guys in this league that can kill penalties the same way he does. It's just a fact that Schenn has a more polished offensive game than Trevor Lewis. Lewis has had chances upon chances to put the puck in the net, and it hasn't happened. In FACT, he's had 72 games to put the puck in the net and he's scored a WHOPPING THREE. THREE! And he's a "better option to use in an offensive role?" Are you kidding?

"Paying your dues" in the Los Angeles Kings organization is nothing more than a phrase people use to cover up that certain players aren't good enough to play in the NHL. Azevedo, Holloway, King, or whoever else down there are all "paying their dues" and if they were to ever get a look in the NHL before Schenn I will VOMIT.

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote