View Single Post
Old
04-17-2011, 01:32 AM
sjmay*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Come on man. Smyth clearly plays much better with Lewis as his center. Smyth's two best games over the past about 4 months were when he was on a line with Lewis.

TM keeps trying to force Smyth and Stoll together and there is just no chemistry. I really hope tonight opened up his eyes.

The 4th line is playing a ton and Stoll has always played better on the bottom lines where there isn't offensive pressure.

What is so bad about a Poni- Stoll- Westgarth line?

I think you waaaaaay overrate what Stoll brings to the table. I know it's only one game but the Kings didn't seem to miss a beat. The PP is worlds better without him and Smyth was at a much higher level.
You misunderstood me, I don't think there's anything wrong with a Poni-Stoll-Westy line, I think it strengthens it.

I just don't know if Murray agrees, and chemistry is overrated, 10 years ago, 15 years ago, yes, today's game, not so much anymore, it's nice when you find it, but today's game is more about being interchangeable within the system,

Which is why I think you saw a Kings team tonight that didn't miss a beat without Stoll...

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote