View Single Post
Old
08-09-2005, 12:46 PM
Peter James Bond

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19
The day it is available...

Kings offer Marian Hossa an offer sheet for one year at $4.9 million. If Ottawa does not match, they owe 2 1st rounders, a 2nd and a 3rd.

or

Kings offer any of Brenden Morrow, Martin Havlat, Jason Spezza offer sheet for $3.9 million. If none match, Kings owe 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Knowing that we already have a third from Philly, esentially you can get these guys for 2 1sts, and a 2nd or a 1st and a 2nd.

I think LA is in a great position to do this because look at the farm system we have developed. WE have more than enough young guys, we have cap room and we could do this even if we have to pay Frolov and Cammalleri.

Plus, next year, Miller, Robitalle, Armstrong, and Klatt will come off the books. As well as possibly Norstrom and Roenick.

If we can get Hossa, Frolov, and Cammalleri signed for $11million and possibly trade someone like Armstrong or Klatt to a team that needs a vet we will still be well under the cap.
I highly subscribe to your idea and mix of players. However, I don't see Morrow being worth 3.9 million! What is his curent salary?