Old
04-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
Wanna send a message...keep Gabby or another softie type out of the game and insert a 20 year old or a willing guy that is energetic and can take a couple of swings at Ovie or Green and see what happens after that...things might get real interesting and we have nothing to lose by playing old time hockey since our soft approach is just not cutting it !

I'm sure a Cap player will jump in and the worse that might come of it is a minor penalty . Ovie and the rest are feeding off the free runs at Staal and the rest of our pivotal players and we are not responding . We simply have to resort to Goon type tactics to change the momentum of the series or it is over in 4 . I'm not saying to kill anybody...just display a little nastiness towards Ovie & Semin and crew . We have to wallow in the muck and win this next game by all means necessary .
This is where Torts needs to let Avery off the leash. 2 years ago Avery was in Green's face the entire series and it took a toll on Green in particular. Also, this is where Callahan is missed the most, banging bodies and setting a tone. The Caps are taking every chance they can to hit the Rangers and the Rangers so far have yet to push back, it's time that stops. I have no faith in Gaborik right now either but you just keep throwing him out there hoping he can figure it out.