Thread: Post-Game Talk: Thoughts On Mike Sullivan?
View Single Post
Old
04-17-2011, 08:15 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaalWars View Post
I look at the player's on this roster and I see a bottom ten PP unit. That we are somehow ahead of PIT, PHI and CAR is mind-boggling to me. Who is this team's PP QB? Del Zotto? Zuccarello? Please. Look at the big guns that other team's are putting out on their power play units. Goligoski and Letang are both better on the PP than anyone on our roster and, to use an HF cliche, it's not even close. Philly might have 4 or 5 forwards with more offensive skill than any forwards on this team. They also happen to have Timonen and Pronger, both of whom also have more offensive skill than any D man on this team.

Look at the personnel. Make an argument as to how we should be so much better than 18th.
I've seen a PP that at times looks functional. We've had some nice stretches where we've looked competent. Then we've had stretches where we've gone like 1-32. It's not acceptable. We need more consistency; not this on-again off-again ****.

Quote:
However, let's just say that theoretically I buy your argument. Do you have any way of proving a correlation between Mike freakin Sullivan and our PP? No one has any idea what assistant coaches in the NHL do, we're not given that information. Let's all stop acting like we know what goes on in the locker room.
I didn't blame it on Sullivan. Other people were talking about the PP in this thread, so I chimed in.

It's just pain.