Thread: Post-Game Talk: Thoughts On Mike Sullivan?
View Single Post
Old
04-17-2011, 08:32 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaalWars View Post
The power play is like everything else in sports. It will always regress to the mean. If the Rangers PP has looked functional at times that means nothing else other than the fact that it's subject to variance. An awful faceoff man can have a good night and win 8 out of 10 but over the course of an entire season he'll still finish where he always does. The PP is the same way. It's not inconsistency. It's that our team isn't built to have a good PP.
We can't even gain the blue line the majority of the time. You can rationalize that any way you want, but I refuse to accept it. The talent is not as bad as the product we typically see. If anything is an aberration, it's that we actually finished 18th. The way we run our PP, we should be much lower than that. And as I've said, I think we can be at least league average with our roster. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that point.

And god forbid we overachieve on the PP for a change. The PP has been awful for years, despite changes in personnel.

It's just pain.