View Single Post
Old
10-14-2003, 04:44 PM
A Good Flying Bird*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I've never been a fan of not making a trade because there is a chance that you might face a team later on in the playoffs. You make a trade if there is a chance that you can improve your team. I would think it would be more important to improve your team than not improving your team because there is a chance that you might have to face the player you traded later on in the playoffs (and there is certainly no guarantee that the Wings and Avs will meet up in the playoffs).
I agree.
If Hasek's our goalie, then we should trade Cujo to whomever can give us the best return, and, theoretically, that's Colorado.
As a Wings fan, I'm far more comfortable with hasek in net. But I also know very well that Cujo can win a series all by his lonesome. And wouldn't he love to do it for Colorado.
Even if Colorado never had to face detroit, winning the cup in Colorado would be a big slap to Holland and the WIngs.

And, though I'm a Wings fan, I think the club's reputation as a classy, family-oriented organization took a big hit with their shoddy treatment of Cujo, who really is a top notch guy even if his goaltending isn't where I'd like it to be.