View Single Post
Old
04-17-2011, 11:44 PM
Jtown

vCash: 539
I was born in Philadelphia in 83. My whole family is from Philly and im a fan of all the local teams and Temple University. the years i was able to first watch the flyers we were pretty bad. My first hockey memory was the Pittsburgh penguins beating the North Stars in the Finals.

So when Lindros came to town it was a huge deal for me. And I really got into the team during the strike shortened season of 94. That year I was glued to the TV during the Playoff run. My family got so into hockey that playoff run that we went out and bought hockey sticks and a hockey goal and started learning how to play street hockey.
That playoff run also is the reason why I absolutely hate the DEVILS.

My commitment to the team kinda wavered after the strike for reasons that had nothing to do with the strike such as college and what not. But this past stanley cup run reignited my new found passion for the sport. I think i have watched 70 games this year and am now an official addict. That Boston Series still to this day sends chills down my spine. They are my favorite area team now and its not even close.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote