View Single Post
Old
04-18-2011, 11:20 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I have upgraded my contract decision. I initially thought a 2 year/4.5 million dollar deal would be what it would take. This is probably the most prudent and likely offer. However, I almost wonder if we should just give the man a 3-4 year deal....3/9.5 (2.75/3.25/3.5?) or even 4/14. Steep, I know, but SK has revitalized this offense. I'm not sure how much Erat and Legwand would have been able to step up this year without his presence. He may be the best offensive player we have.....
It will depend on how much Poile (and SK) want to gamble.

Poile has the leverage in that he is RFA to get a one year deal for around 2.5 either in arbitration or just by mutual agreement, and then both sides will see if SK can validate this year with another.

if he does, then we'd be looking at 4 mil a year after that, but if he backslides, then poile isnt stuck with another overpaid player.

gonna be interesting. I think we will see something just about like what hornqvist got, unless of course SK wins the Conn Smythe or something crazy like that in the next few weeks(which would be cool with me ad everyone else I am sure)

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote