View Single Post
Old
04-18-2011, 04:33 PM
mja
Negative Creep

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Laviolette has no choice too work with what he's got. He's not Magic man. Homer has a responsibility to put the best product he can on the ice. In the offseason there were many cries to put the priority on getting a goalie. If it wasn't for Bob buying time and depending on what the outcome is in the playoffs we may come up short if somebody in goal doesn't grab the bull by the horns...not sure how much more opportunity you want to prove yourself! Leighton had the finals last year...totally choked. Boosh had the playoffs last year and this year..remains to be seen. Bob is a rookie..the likelihood of him repeating a Roy or Ward type run was always not high. It's annoying how we have to always thrust our highly touted prospects in not ideal conditions...we kind of fast tracked Zubrus and others like Bob and it stunted their development. I don't think Bob will be stunted but it's crappy nonetheless. I don't blame Lavy for this..he named Bob the starter and tried to build him up. Bob crapped one game and he's yanked for Leighton the liar...the responsibility for this soap opera goalie situation is Holmgren's and Holmgren ONLY!
None of this rant makes sense.

It is LAVY'S decision to dress Leighton over Bob, which is everyone's issue. Holmgren has nothing to do with that.

You'd all be fine if Lavy ran with Bob-Boosh or Boosh-Bob for the playoffs, which is an option he totally has.

Look, I'm not a fan of this decision, nor of Leighton's goaltending in general, but some of the reaction on here is over-the-top hysterics and people are piling on Holmgren yet again, completely unreasonably.

This is Lavy's call. If you want to take issue with the decision, go knock on his door.

mja is offline   Reply With Quote