View Single Post
Old
08-09-2005, 10:29 PM
kings1993

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz4life
If, I was DT I would sign Hamrlik to a about a 3 year deal with the price ranging from anywhere from 2-3.5 million a season. Then I would sign one of the top, "top 6 forward" UFA left out their such as: Mogilny, Bondra, Lindros, Leclair, Bure, Selanne, or Carter. I would explore some trades(which it looks like he is doing) but I would rather not give up much and just sign a free agent.

I know people are going to say Moginly is old and he's coming off hip surgery, Bondra is about 37, Lindros has concussion issues, Leclair is about 36, Bure has a injury history, Selanne is about 35 and his skills have really decreased, and Carter did nothing for us in the 15 games he was here.

BUT these guys are all proven 40+ points to point per game players. If, you sign Lindros to a Allison like contract(1.5 straight up and 4.5 if he reaches bonuses) then its a low risk, high reward signing. If, we sign Bondra or Mogilny or another one of those guys on the list than I'm sure it's not going to cost us more than 2.5 million a season. IF, our risk doesn't pay off then we have either both Brown and Camms play on the top 2 lines or we have Luc and either Brown or Camms play on the second line.

Instead of Palffy and a top 6 d-man, we will have Bondra(or other) and Hamrlik.

Im going to agree with you. If we don't see a trade Hamrlik and a free agent will do. Although I feel there will be a trade.