View Single Post
Old
04-18-2011, 06:41 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Joe Thornton has had a reputation for a long time about being the antithesis of a big game player. To make him captain tells me they are simply hoping that will turn his reputation around and into a positive.

So far, and yes its still early, but so far, we have only seen evidence that his lack of competitiveness in big games is having an even more negative effect on his team as a captain then when he wasn't captain. Its one thing to lose at home in the playoffs... its another to lose the way they did at home in the playoffs.
Couldn't agree more. Handing him the captaincy was a mistake. Although fans make a lot more out of the letters than the players do, here's a guy that's been nothing but a disappointment in the playoffs for the better part of a decade and they pick him as captain? That's all hope.

Dan Boyle should have been the first, last and only choice to captain that team.

The only part I'll divert from you on is Marleau. He's been much maligned and I do think he would respond well to a change of scenery. There is no hope for Thornton.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote