View Single Post
Old
04-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Thekidline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jzk View Post
see

LaRussa tends to have too much faith in his players. It's good for his relationships with them but just trowing Isringhausen out there to try and get his 300th save cost the team the post season. He needs to try someone other than Franklin for awhile(like the whole season).
When someone has as much success with one team as izzy did he deserves patience from the manager. Odviously Franklin hasn't had quiet the success that izzy had.

So this is what I would do if I was TLR.
In an ideal situation the birds grab a big lead and you put Franklin in for the ninth to help get him back on track (hoping that it's not just that he has nothing left in the tank). If he performs well in that situation I would still be very reluctant to throw him out there again in a save situation. I would try to keep puting him in low pressure situations until either he is ready or if the replacements don't get the job done.

If a save situation were to come up in the next game I would use bautista temporarily because he has the most experience of all of the righties in the bullpen except for Franklin.

In the long hall I like Boggs as our closer although I have liked what I have seen from Sanchez, he is just 2 appearances into his major league career he could be the closer in the future but I don't think you can put him ahead of boggs yet.