View Single Post
Old
04-18-2011, 11:00 PM
skoods

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangecrush18 View Post
Very true.... and yes Richie had amazing patience to wait for miller to commit and thread Z a tap in, this was all set up by some slick forecheck on the boards by versteeg
I really like the potential of that line when Zherdev is with Versteeg and Richards.

Versteeg and Richards are great two-way forwards who can pick up the slack for what Zherdev lacks on the defensive game. It's at least so much better than what Nodl brings to the table...which has been very little offensively.

IMO, people talk about this team's struggles coinciding with their acquisition of Versteeg, but I think it has more to do with their insistence to scratch Zherdev when they made the trade. They could have scratched Nodl or Carbomb. Sure, Zherdev isn't a "Lavi" player...but he had 16 goals in just about a half a season.

Remember the impact that Gagne's scoring ability brought to the team when he came back against Boston last season. I think that Zherdev can be that type of performer as long as they stick with him. That Richards-Gagne-Carter line was disgusting vs. Montreal and Boston last year.

Ugh, I wish game four started at midnight. I just want more hockey and Coyotes-Red Wings is not doing a good enough job of tiding me over.