View Single Post
Old
04-19-2011, 01:48 PM
ChiTownHawks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by j cal View Post
I'm using some old reebok hockey socks, i didn't look to see what material it was made with.

exact same place?! did you think that the skate was a tad too big? With the vapor socks, do you still notice some movement in that spot?

i can crank down on the laces, and it helps with movement, but I'm pretty sure that will cut off blood circulation.

I may need to invest in better socks!
Sorry it took me so long to respond, but yes the exact same spot. Funny thing is this weekend I played for 2 1/2 hours straight and almost got a blister in the same spot again, but lucky for me it was just red and I did not get an actual blister.

The material the sock is made of almost seems kind of slick on the outside and it fits very close to the skin on the inside. What I believe this does is let the whole foot move around in the boot just a little bit, but also keeps the sock from moving around on your foot. I am not sure that it makes sense when I type it out but it makes sense in my head.

Breaking in your skate is going to help the most, but good hockey socks help as well and IMO worth the cash.

ChiTownHawks is offline   Reply With Quote