View Single Post
Old
04-19-2011, 06:32 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
If hockey had more fans it would be on ESPN. Ratings are in charge of this.
Yes, but I have a feeling the NHL didn't forget how poorly ESPN treated them last time. And the NHL has done pretty well on VS regardless of what we think about it. To be honest the VS broadcast isn't that bad (NBC is worse) and if they really got rid of Benenati from doing pbp then all the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Four3 View Post
ESPN not giving the NHL that much air time is okay: They want to test the waters. If the viewership increases (And it would have), they would have expanded to include more games.
To be honest I don't think the league wants to lock themselves into a deal where they have to prove themselves to ESPN and rely on the good faith of ESPN to give them more games, etc etc.

In fact it'd be incredibly stupid and disrespectful to the league and to the fans to do that. As much I'd love to see the NHL on all of these networks, I have no desire to see it treated as a laughing stock by ESPN for no other reason than they think it's a running gag to make fun of the NHL.

Yes I am still bitter at how ESPN treated the NHL, and I'm not a fan of ESPN in general

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote