View Single Post
Old
04-19-2011, 08:07 PM
Iplayhockehh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
I know the "buy this book!" method is not what you're looking for, but if you get a chance, read Peter Twist's "Complete Conditioning for Ice Hockey", a great explanation of the physiology of it all. Actually large sections of it are available in google books for free, but I don't think the whole thing is.

If you are looking to gain weight/strength, and have a few months to devote to just building muscle, a good website/program for teenagers (especially hardgainers) is Stronglifts 5x5. Don't think i'm allowed to link the URL, but just google it if you're interested. It focuses on building strength/power over just inflating your muscles (but that happens anyways ) The routine is very intense and involves a lot of squats; he also has good nutrition advice, at your age you'll be able to add on some pounds quickly. It's not terribly sports specific though so leave yourself a few months to really get back in hockey shape before the season.
Sadly, I cant get to the gym so I am unable to do 5x5. However peter twists book looks interesting.

On a side note, im wondering if p90x will help me put on some pounds? Looking around it seems like p90x is for people who need to lose weight.

Iplayhockehh is offline   Reply With Quote