View Single Post
Old
04-19-2011, 10:03 PM
Iplayhockehh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post
What level are you trying to get to?

Pro usually starts at 16 and sorry to tell you but at 15 I was 6'2 and 165ish(really lanky) and was considered too small. Now at 17 I'm 6'3.5 and 215.

I really advise a lot of balance, for me the secret was 2 hours of working out(diff parts daily) followed by a 30 min break and than 45 mins of cardio. I would usually swim, run, bike, or roller blade with a stick dekeing a tennis ball around for the cardio part.

Most important thing for me was finding a partner. Make sure he is about the same size as you and is looking for similar results. Motivation is what keeps you going, and doing this alone every day is boring as h**l

Hard work but it paid off. Starting pro this summer
TBH? My goal is to make it to the BCHL(Junior A). Im really good on my edges/skates and I can rock big guys sometimes. My acceleration is pretty good but my top speed is pretty crap. I probably had the best stickhandling on my team this past season and I know I have better puck handling then a kid who played A2 midget this past year. For a small guy who uses a 50 flex stick(lol I know) I can whip shots because I know how to shoot. I didn't try out for midget rep this year because at the beginning of the season I was 5"4 and 96 pounds... lol. When it comes to hockey I am always motivated and prepared to do what I have to.
What level pro are you playing? Thats crazy man!

Iplayhockehh is offline   Reply With Quote