View Single Post
Old
04-19-2011, 11:37 PM
jarek

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryhungryhippy View Post
Meh, I don't really think what he did was that big of a deal. VanI has contributed a lot to this forum and I don't think anyone genuinely cares about the history of hockey more than him. I don't think he would ever do anything mean-spirited or grossly unethical. As has been pointed out, his teams haven't really ever been all that successful and it's safe to say he wasn't rigging votes. Even if that wasn't the case, I would never believe that VanI would do anything like that. Obviously, he was just trying to make the draft run smoother when he created Zamboni's team. If anything, he's guilty of being overly-enthusiastic about the ATD.

Poor judgement? Sure. Malicious? Definitely not.

VanI is a pretty good guy, and his contributions to the ATD are great. I think banning him would be more dramatic than productive.

"Circumstances rule men; men do not rule circumstances" -Herodotus
Long as VanI doesn't try to be above the rules in the future, I actually wouldn't mind seeing him come back. This IS a rather unique situation where I agree that his intentions most likely weren't malicious. Still troubling that he knew the rules and still circumvented them anyways. Keep in mind that this guy was a moderator for this board at one point. Kind of sets a bad example. Hopefully it all turns out smoothly.

jarek is offline   Reply With Quote