View Single Post
Old
04-20-2011, 12:09 AM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
I find it funny how this went unnoticed for such a long time, I don't know if administrators have access to posters Internet Service Provider addresses. If they do, they must've missed it totally. Or VanI must have used 4 different unsuspicious IP addresses.
Yes, you could say it was missed, except it's not protocol go go clicking on everyone's IP to try to find people who have multiple accounts. Something has to make you wonder first, or you won't bother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Wonder View Post
I actually think this is a very, very serious offense. Like I said before, the credibility of the ATD as a whole has been brought into serious question, ESPECIALLY because it was VI who did this. Essentially, every draft prior to this that VI participated in in any capacity is no longer credible. In lawyer terms, anything in this ATD that could be used as evidence in some form of criminal case would be thrown out immediately due to lack of integrity. I absolutely think this should be dealt with in a serious way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Wonder View Post
Oh, I absolutely expect that he will never be allowed to participate in any future ATD under any capacity ever again, and I am quite certain that his IP address will be very closely tracked, since he wasn't outright banned. Unfortunately, if he moves somewhere else, his IP address will be different, and he can come back and, as long as he doesn't give himself away, get back into it pretty easily. The ATD community is generally very accepting of new people, and this sometimes may work against us.
Let's not overreact at this time either.

I have no idea if VI wants back in after all this. But if he's not a mod, and if he's not running it, and if he's got just one account, and (most importantly) if his presence isn't causing other GMs to stay away, maybe it would work in the future.

I've always thought VI was the only GM more hardcore about this than me. And, today, I guess you could say that was proven.

I'm not giving an endorsement or indictment when I say all this. But maybe we should all take a few days and think about how we really feel about this before making knee-jerk, far reaching decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
From first joining ATD2 in 2005 to being the one to suggest regular season rankings and playoff match-ups based on them, to developing the MLDs as a freestanding entity rather than just a couple of extra rounds at the end, to the AAA, AA and Undrafted threads. I have put thousands of hours into this board and have gotten a lot out of it.
FWIW, don't think we don't appreciate what you did for the drafts in the past.

Quote:
Perhaps a building ought to have been drafted.

i knew it had to be you that harrassed Reen about that pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
Has VI always been Zamboni Mania, or did he just take over recently? ZM has been around for a while, so if they've always been the same person, that's a big problem.
ZM came around just before ATD11. So it's been a while, but not really that long.

Quote:
Didn't The Sabre have quite a few posts when he joined this ATD? That means VI either took over that account or he had been using it for a while.
He couldn't have had very many, because he joined on January 16th.

Quote:
Not a single GM here can be cleared....
Let me stress again that we should not let paranoia permeate this place just because of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
So we have two options moving forward: disqualify all 3 of VIs teams from the playoffs or keep then and just ban him from voting.

I'd lean towards keeping them, but then I've always been a bleeding heart liberal. The makeup teams are obviously losing in the preliminary round anyway.
Just disqualify them from voting. They are still teams full of 25 warm bodies so they can go out there and give it their best shot, but I think we know what will happen to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Two things stick out at me:

1. The Sabre's bickering and heckling of seventies about his clock makes so much more sense now.
O RLY?

Quote:
2. The weird thing that I noticed whenever "The Sabre" made his picks was that he always introduced his picks as "The newest Pirate is...", and I always thought that was weird, and it annoyed me for some reason. That's how VI made his selections in some previous drafts. I only remember this because I used to follow his picks and read his bios closely, but I never made the connection. So, he almost gave himself away, but nobody caught it.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...8#post31966228

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...t#post18948958
Good catch.

"something" about The Sabre reminded me of VI for weeks, but pinpointing exactly what, has been difficult. That wasn't it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
Are IPs shown when posting from a phone?
Definitely. When I click on my IP list, I get my work and home IPs, and then a whole bunch of dynamic IPs that I've posted from on my phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Thanks fugu. Guess VI is a fantasy sports poster afterall
I think you greatly enjoyed posting that.

seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote