View Single Post
Old
04-20-2011, 12:19 AM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs Forever View Post
Well, obviously, making multiple accounts and heckling people from them is fairly despicable, and in the interests of moving on VanIslander should definitely be banned from any future ATD's despite the work he put into it. Adding the precautionary of a kind of "alibi" for incoming GM's should prevent more fake ones from coming in, and it smart in weeding out people who won't be committed.

Now, the obvious question to the mods is, do we know that all of VanIslander's alternates have now been uprooted, to a 100% or close to it certainty?

I see people are really scared by this, but I am an optimist and don't see it as too bad as far as the core of the draft is concern. If we are dealing with VanIslander making multiple accounts and teams the past couple of drafts, teams that never really went deep into the draft anyway, then I don't think the integrity of the ATD really suffers much if at all. Maybe in the "court of law" that is not the case, but I think we can have piece of mind that the integrity of it is still strong in our hearts.

And let's get back to the fundamentals here, people, before we panic about the state of the ATD: At root level, the ATD is about having fun and learning about hockey history. Has VanIslander making multiple accounts really change or damaged either of those things? Has it stopped our learning of history or reversed the knowledge we have gained? Heck no.

VanIslander, though a great GM before this came to surface, is a person this community can live without. We were under that impression this entire draft. We're strong enough for that.

A black mark and unfortunate event, but there is no reason to press the panic button here.
Well-said. Let's not panic.

I guess I'm just pretty thick-skinned, or laissez-faire, or whatever you want to call it, but the last thing that came to my mind in all this was the heckling from The Sabre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy Wonder View Post
Make no mistake, VI's actions have damaged the integrity of the ATD. Just the fact that this went on for so long unnoticed in and of itself makes it a mockery. Others will take notice of that before they decide to participate, you can be assured of that.
Again, you're overreacting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
So I am to be permanently exiled from the board?

If so, I have a box of hockey history books I paid seventieslord $500 for last summer. They have no use to me other than research for MLDs. They can be had for simply the coast of shipping. PM me.

But there is more fitting punishment, isn't there?
Don't you mean seventylord?

I'm not currently endorsing future VI participation nor am I ruling it out. I'm also not the boss of this place, and the deciding factor is probably going to be how comfortable other users are going to be with having you back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneberg View Post
I'm still not entirely sure what to make of the whole situation.
I feel you, brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryhungryhippy View Post
lol @ typical jarek
I don't want to look like I am dogpiling jarek here, but...

yeah, pretty much.

just chill, jarek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
I get tears in my eyes when I see a guy I'd profiled in past drafts get picked by someone else much earlier.
Me too. My eyes are rarely dry!

seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote