View Single Post
Old
04-20-2011, 12:43 AM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
Although I thoroughly revel in the research and competitive side of the ATD, I agree with the argument that it's all in fun.

The dictionary defines "fun" as the following:

What I cannot reconcile is how creating alternate accounts and co-GMing with said alternate accounts is fun by the above definition- for VI or anyone else. Whether he intended to do it or not, VI undoubtedly gained an unfair competitive advantage, ruining any possibility at enjoyment for the other GMs involved. Imagine if this charade had extended into the playoffs.

To make matters worse, he managed to rope in a (so far) innocent rookie GM as part of his manipulation. That this occurred after his diva-ish behavior drove other potential GMs away at the very beginning is just unfathomable to me.

As was said, how can we be sure VI hasn't done this before? We can't. I cannot look back on previous ATDs with the same sort of enjoyment, nor can I look forward to others, unsure that VI or someone else has more skillfully perpetrated the same trick.

I'm not going to participate in this again. Clearly, VI wants the ATD done on his terms, and damn everyone else. I say give it to him, and let him invent 39 accounts to fill out the balance of the teams next time. Only then will he be truly happy.
We'll miss you, but I'm sure your mind is made up.

Just to clarify a few things:

1. He didn't drag in an innocent rookie. Innocent, yes. Rookie, no. MVPeyton = BobbyRyanGetzlaf = Leopold Stotch

2. The potential GMs that were driven away that had to be asked back in due to the drama, were Zamboni Mania and The Sabre. Who were, of course, VI.

Not sure if this was because VI was attempting to disconnect himself from the whole draft (which means all 3 incarnations are out) or if that was his way of emphasizing "look at what you're doing, driving other GMs away thanks to all the drama you're creating!"

edit: whoops, you must be thinking of Cognition, not MVP/BRG/LS. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Last edited by seventieslord: 04-20-2011 at 12:50 AM.
seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote