View Single Post
Old
04-20-2011, 03:56 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
It's the elephant in the room...nobody wants to talk about it. There's a few things wrong with this team, I am not sure yet to add Goaltending to that list. There's still a few games left to decide that one.

That's the good news, Quick has a couple games left to play and we'll see where we are at then. Tonight was not a great night for Quick whatsoever. I also jotted down some notes on certain players and we'll discuss it in the offseason.

Right now, we'll just have to see if the Kings pull it together or fall apart.
I meant more the ridiculous, reactionary nature of the post rather than just a goalie discussion. I mean, "if Bernier starts the game everybody is walking home a happy Kings fan?" Come on now, it's not like Quick let in any softies. Bernier's strength is positioning and Quick wasn't out of position on any of these goals or letting shots sqeeze through him. A wide tip (that was basically a one-timer rather than a deflection), some cross-ice one-timers, a deflection off a defenseman's stick, and a shot placed under the crossbar from the middle of the slot below the hashmarks.

I don't think you can really get on Quick for any of these. It would have been great if he could have managed to get one or two of them, but they would have been miracle highlight-reel stretch saves (not including the one off of Mitchell, but Bernier would have been moving to cover the pass too)... the kind of saves that Bernier doesn't make nearly as often as Quick. I guess you could argue that he overplayed the shot, but this team usually isn't giving up cross ice passes like that.

Maybe you're right and it's better saved until the offseason. I don't mind goalie discussions, but I don't actually post about it much, probably because by the time I get in the thread and catch up it's already heated or everything has been gone over anyway.

Last edited by FootKnight: 04-20-2011 at 04:03 AM.