View Single Post
Old
04-20-2011, 05:09 AM
dre2112

vCash: 500
Just got back from the game. I'll save the long response for anyone that wants details, but in a nutshell it went like this:

-Kings got 2 early goals, thanks to HORRIBLE goaltending from a horrible goaltender (Niemi).

-Sharks were the better team, they just couldn't get the saves.

-Kings had so much trouble getting into the Sharks zone. Unless it was an odd man rush, only way Kings could get into Sharks zone was dump and chase... which is fine, but you need to win those battles along the boards.

-Sharks had no problems skating into the Kings zone. Kings D and F just backed up enough, gave them too much room.

-Penner is the worst player I've seen in a while. Slow, disinterested, stupid decisions. Thank god for the 1 assist, otherwise there was nothing but bad things to say about him.

-Quick looks LOST when the puck is on or behind the goal line. He also scrambles too much when fighting to see the puck, so much so that he's thrown off his game too easily.

-Kings lacked presence in front of the net.

-Dustin Brown... nothing from him. Barely noticed him.

-The only time I felt good about the puck actually making it into the Sharks zone is when Doughty was carrying the puck, otherwise the rest of the team suck at it. It seemed like their strategy was lob the puck to center and hope that it gets behind one of the Sharks D then dump & chase to get into the zone.

-Sharks were the faster team, passes were better and precise. Kings looked like they were scrambling all the time. No coordination. Players were just everywhere. Sometimes playing man on man, other times playing zone coverage, a lot of the time doing the wrong one at the wrong time.

-Only time they could generate chances were off Sharks mistakes it seemed.

-Kings are just too soft.

-Murray is an idiot.

dre2112 is offline   Reply With Quote