View Single Post
Old
04-20-2011, 08:11 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
I don't about you guys, but after watching 24/7, I liked BB even more. Seems like a genuine, affable guy who speaks his mind. God forbid we have hockey coaches with personality. I mean, those Tom Renney pressers were sooooooooo interesting.

People on here actually calling him "classless" for dropping F-bombs, yet are advocating chants making fun of the guys weight....How funny is it going to be when the 300-pounders at MSG with fitted tucked-in Barry Beck jerseys take time out from their pizza and nachos to chant "We Want Ice Cream" or whatever the hell you guys want to chant.

The same people who complained about his language are the same ones who cheer on when Colton Orr knocked a guy out senseless or when Crosby got injured.

And to the guys who are obsessed with calling Caps fans "bandwagoners" while basing a fan base's passion on how many bumper stickers they see within a 50-mile radius in Suburban DC, that has zero relevance to what Boudreau was saying.

Verizon Center is a loud building that is sold out every night for three years, and will continue to sell out.

Wow...look at all those Rangers jerseys. You could hear a pin drop.

That was Round 1 against the Devils.

I hate the Capitals as much as any team, but I HATE ignorant homer fans no matter the team.
'Hate' is maybe going a little too far. I really don't give two ***** about how someone might categorize a fan or a fanbase. My major concern is how well the Rangers are doing--but then again if the Rangers get knocked out I'll probably stop watching any games until next September--which is basically to say that I'm a Rangers fan period--end of sentence and don't really give a damn about NHL extravaganzas or marketing of particular teams or players. It's either Stanley Cup or bust and wait until next season to try again.

That being said--if the Rangers can use Boudreau's statements over the last few days as motivation--it's all good.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote