View Single Post
Old
04-20-2011, 09:32 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Flesh View Post
same ol typical NYR BS

top line consisting of two free agents and a traded for star player.

doesn't get old with some fans I guess
I think you're gonna have to start facing reality here. There are no homegrown bluechippers/stars on the current roster or in the system. You can hope against hope that there are, but conventional wisdom says there ain't.

So, in other words, what do you suggest the organization does to obtain such players that are necessary to compete for the cup?

So many fans are scared off by the sins of the past regarding free agency and trades. Most of them were dumb decisions to begin with - the Rangers need to keep their checkbook in their pocket from time to time and make the right signings...this is something I have next to no confidence in with Sather so we'll see what happens.

But what would equally hurt the team's future and peg us for mediocrity going forward is operating under blind hope that our mid-first round draft picks and beyond will blossom into star players capable of taking this team to the next level. Not very likely to happen at all.

Sather has done a pretty good job of stockpiling a nice homegrown base - but top end players are going to have to come from somewhere else in all likelihood.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now   Reply With Quote