View Single Post
Old
04-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Larry44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
It would be mind boggling if Zherdev is with this team after the season is over.
Let's see how the rest of the playoffs go, first, and how expensive Leino becomes to re-sign.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...or_Flyers.html

The captain wants him in the lineup, and has taken him under his wing:

"Z has been a guy who has always stepped up and seemed to score big goals," Richards said. "He did it again [Monday] night. Whenever he's in the lineup, he always seems to do so. He's just a skilled player. He knows where to be on the ice. He's very smart with the puck, offensively gifted. When you add a guy like that to the lineup, I think he just adds that other threat that we need."

After he cleared waivers, Homer and Lavy talked to him. Acc. to Homer:

"From there, to his credit, Nikolay has been great. He's done extra work after practice. His attitude has been good. I don't want to say he's an antisocial guy but he doesn't mix, other than with a few guys. He's with Richie a lot, which is probably a good thing.

Next year, who knows, the GM likes him?

"He's making $2 million now," Holmgren said. "Is that a bargain? It's probably lower than he would warrant on the open market. It's hard to say what will happen. He scored 16 goals in the regular season with limited ice time and hardly any power-play time. Somebody's going to look at that this summer and say it might be worth taking a shot. Would it be us? I wouldn't rule it out. I like Nik. He's different, but it's not like he's been a bad guy. He's been a good teammate."

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote