: Pre-Game Talk:
Game 4 - Bruins @ Habs
View Single Post
04-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Join Date: Apr 2010
Wasn't too sure where to post this, but here are some interesting Habs-related tidbits from Elliotte Friedman's weekly column 30 Thoughts:
16. Entering the Boston series, the Canadiens were pumping Andrei Kostitsyn's tires. They talked about how his effort had improved, how he was a net presence on the power play, about how he committed himself to becoming a better player. When he came back after taking that Chara slapshot off the foot in Game 1, it said everything anyone needed to know about his compete level. He was probably full of enough drugs to sedate an enraged grizzly, but it couldn't have been easy, especially since he missed Game 2.
17. Texted a Capital during Game 1. Asked if he was watching Montreal. He said it was like watching a one-year-old horror movie: "Exact same strategy."
19. There was a time Hal Gill was so concerned about his future in hockey, he considered becoming a math teacher.
20. P.K. Subban said he didn't feel too tired after playing a game-high 27 minutes Thursday night. He was the last Canadien on the ice at Saturday's morning skate, too. He says he's watched a lot of Chris Pronger video. Pronger is one of the best in the NHL at conserving energy while on the ice, so he can play a ton of effective minutes. Subban is trying to mimic that.
21. David Krejci on Tomas Plekanec: "We played together at the Olympics and world championships ... I respect him, but right now I hate him."
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by SB164