View Single Post
Old
04-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Defgarden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
With the way Dean has drafted, get used to good prospects moving to other organizations. It happens to most of the top teams all of the time. In 2 or 3 years, one of Quick or Bernier will be with a new NHL team and will perform well. The key is making the correct decision on which players to keep and which to let go. Teubert was okay to let go. Penner may not work out next season, but Teubert wasn't going to make the Kings anyways.

Who had Clifford making the team as a 19 year old rookie out of juniors? Who had Clifford being a beast in his first playoff series? At 19, Clifford probably stole a job from a Kings prospect in Manchester that will have to move on to get his shot in the NHL.

How many people had written Lewis off as a prospect before this season? He has shown that he can be a very valuable bottom 6 with top 6 short term potential for injuries. I believe he has passed Richardson as far as NHL potential. I think Lewis' ceiling is higher than Richardson's. Lewis, Schenn and Richardson will be battling in camp for the 3rd and 4th line center position.
Honestly, I'm fine with Martinez sticking around for a while, provided he doesn't start to regress. Mitchell and Scuderi won't be around forever, so there's time for prospects to fill spots. Prospects are going to have to fall by the wayside at some point, but that's a good thing. If you know some prospects just aren't going to make it, they still have some value in a trade, if anything for future draft picks.

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote