View Single Post
Old
08-10-2005, 05:23 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Without going into greater detail than needed, the people who are saying that he fans who have been around before Crosby was drafted are right, most of them are right.

Here is my take: both teams are better teams. In my opinion, potentially the Flyers have the best player in the world and the Penguins have the 2nd best. The Penguins significantly made themselves better by signing guys like Palffy and Gonchar and trading for Thibault (4th round pick is a steal).

The thing that seperates the Flyers from the Penguins is the Flyers have a much better defense. The Penguins probably have more firepower but their blueline situation leaves much to be desired. I think the east during the course of free agency has gotten worse, I would pencil in the Penguins for a playoff spot (7 or 8) at the moment without going through each team, but as long as no one is saying the Penguins are a contender to be around in June, it's very valid.

The Flyers wouldn't run over the Penguins and sweep them in 8 straight and 4 in the playoffs, but they are still a better team.