View Single Post
Old
04-20-2011, 09:47 PM
sjmay*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Well I don't know how much validation can be put in that.

My brother and I waited outside the Great Western Forum years back after a Kings-Leafs game by the top of the tunnel (security blocks fans from going down the tunnel). Most of the Leafs got onto the team bus except Domi and Kypreos, who hopped into a jeep and Doug Gilmour (who Kings fans hate), BUT he walked up the ramp and signed autographs for us and everyone else. He also chatted and took pictures with some Leafs fan and got into a taxi cab. I will never forget that and from then on I liked Doug Gilmour. He was very friendly, probably one of my fondest player encounters besides a few with McKenna, Parros, Brad Norton and Brad May.
Just gotta re-iterate, a bit off topic, Doug Gilmour is one of the classiest guys you can ever have the pleasure of meeting. True story, officiating his son's game up here, on my daughter's 1st birthday of all day's, end up giving his son 3 penalties in a tournament game, after the game, he shook both our hands, and I asked him for an autograph to my daughter on her first birthday, guy said congradulations, WTF was I doing there, go home and be with her lol,

Absolutely great guy.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote