View Single Post
Old
04-21-2011, 12:23 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
I'm so sick of the inconsistent reclamation types like Christensen and Wolski. Cup winning teams don't have players like that.

Add McCabe to the list of failed veteran defensemen rentals. Good riddance.

I'm a big proponent of bringing in Richards, but I also realize he will not solve all our problems. I know everyone is in love with our top 4, but there is really too much redundancy there. I like our top 4 and I am definitely not proposing we trade any of them. All 4 are solid, stay-at-home defenders, which is great, but every successful team in this league has at least one puck-moving defenseman in their top 4. Sather has to think of some sort of contingency plan in the case that Del Zotto needs to spend much of the year in the AHL. Not having an offensive defenseman is part of the reason why our PP sucks (and I know Richards is a PP QB, but we still need an offensive defenseman to help with our transition game nonetheless).

I think one of Feds or Prospal gets re-signed. I'm leaning towards Feds right now because he's displayed a little more versatility than Prospal: he's gritty, can throw a hit, PK, and is also skilled enough to take shifts in the top 6 if need be.
I'd let them both walk and go aggressively after someone like Iginla, or Nash or what not...a true blue elite player. dump the garbage, and play the kids in the bottom 9.

something like...

Iginla - Richards - Gaborik
Dubi - AA - Cally
Kreider - Stepan - Grachev
Hagelin - Boyle - Prust

3 more rookies in the forward lineup

youve got your vets to lead and protect the kids, and you got youth galore all over that lineup.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote