View Single Post
Old
04-21-2011, 01:24 AM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
I'd like to see the NYR stand pat this offseason if the alternative is getting ourselves locked up in a 6m+ Richards deal.

Avoid Pitkanen like the plague, and give Markov a look if he still isn't signed by August 1st, and the price comes way down.

Leave spots open for some of our prospects to try and make the jump, as it'll help in the future to have more guys on Broadway playing on their ELC's, freeing up money for a later acquisition.

Find a d-man or two that has absolutely no problem handling the front of our net to fill the 5th and 6th spots.

Continue to develop from within, and work our way out of our big ticket agents, until the right offseason comes along that we can really address our concerns (which by then hopefully won't be a 1c and PMD). If we can catch lightning in a bottle by developing those 2 from within, we'll save buckets of money to add some serious depth.
I agree with this 100%. I think we finished a little above our heads this year and I still look at us as a building team. Give it a couple more years before you run out and get the final piece. You need all the pieces but one before adding the final piece, and we don't have that.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote