View Single Post
Old
04-21-2011, 07:47 AM
GrimReeper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3074326 View Post
Why Briere?

I'd rather have Carter due to his age. I also think he'd be a good fit in the Jackets' system. Although either would be welcomed in Columbus, as much as I can't stand either of them.. haha
Partly due to current contracts. Carter has put up a ton of points but is known to float, score empty net goals, and take games off. His shot is maybe the quickest in the league but he's kind of a one trick pony with his wrist shot. After all of that rant - he is still a legit number 1 that adds a ton of scoring depth to our roster.

Why Briere? His contract is certainly not as long as Carter's (another decade for Carter). His play compliments the CBJ needs more. Briere is a very skillful player (despite his size and stereotypes, he plays good defense) who can distribute the puck as good as anyone in the league. He's the type of guy that would increase our puck posession on that top line 3 fold. In addition to that, he would be the best addition to our Power Play besides a top tier PPQB. A top line of Nash-Briere-Huselius is actually IMO a very dangerous line. More so than Nash-Carter-Huselius IMO.

On top of all that cake is - Briere was a former Captain! haha. In all reality though Carter is known to be a party guy while Briere is another good model for the younger guys to learn from and replace him (ala Johan and even Brassard (another french Canadian))

GrimReeper is offline   Reply With Quote