View Single Post
Old
10-14-2003, 09:42 PM
Chayos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz
Has Mike Comrie ever play wing for the Oil? (Rookie year, next to Weight?) If so what was he like because if he ever was traded to the thrashers that's where he'll probably lineup. I read somewhere that Comrie is more of a goalscorer than playmaker. If this is so than I've got no doubt that he could make the transition from center to wing.

I too like the proposal of the thrashers 1st round pick + Hurme/Dafoe + Safronov for Comrie and Rita.

Edmonton can forget about getting Exelby or Stefan because they won't be traded.
You see the problem with your offer is the oil give up the best 2 players in the deal and only get a 1st round pick of questionable value now that the thrashers scoring depth is better. The only way this deal works is with a switch of picks. Having looked at the real value of the thrasjers pick it is likely a 8-13th pick and that just doesn't cut it for comrie.

More like

To Atlanta: Comrie, Rita, 2004 1st from edm.

To Edm: Hurme( no real value we could have taken him when fla drafted valaquette), Stefan, Safronov and Atl 1st in 2004.

From and Edmonton standpoint it works with the oil getting some talnet to replace comrie and they have 2 tickets to the ovechkin lottery.

From and Atlanta standpoint they get 2 players who can step right on to their roster and still have a 1st round pick. Rita would make that club and will likely be the player the oil regret moving later.