View Single Post
Old
04-21-2011, 07:45 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Sydor25;32547994]
Quote:
You love to say this, but that was before Kopitar was hurt and Williams was stuck playing with only 1 arm.
He has two assists in his last 16 games, including the playoffs and he's had Kopitar or Williams for nine of them. Sure those guys are great linemates, but isn't it reasonable to ask Penner to produce more than two assists in 16 games, regardless of who he is playing with? I mean Pater Harrold has four points in 19 games, and he doesn't get near the ice time or powerplay opportunities or linemates Penner does.

Quote:
Penner would have been on another team by the time the June draft rolled around. He would not be available and there is not another LW that is available and has scored as much as Penner has the past few years. Dean had to get him at the deadline if he wanted him.
Incorrect, at least according to a documentary on the trade deadline done by Sportsnet. They followed Tambellini, Penner and the teama round in the weeks leading up to the trade deadline and were showing some of the trade deadline day talks between Tambellini and DL. Tambellini said the Kings were the only team willing to give the package they wanted and that the Oilers were gald to keep Penner next year if they didn't get what they wanted. It seems Penner was either in LA or Edmonton, and no where else.

Quote:
No one is saying that they are not disappointed with Penner's play and production, but there have been many players that have struggled to produce under Murray's system. I said as much at the time of the trade. I said that he would produce for a couple of weeks and then tail off because he will be required to adhere to the rigid system. Loktionov was the same way and he has even had a couple of training camps with Murray.
There's a difference between tailing off and doing virtually nothing. There's also a difference between tailing off and working hard and tailing off and being a defensive liability.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote