View Single Post
Old
10-14-2003, 10:41 PM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps
Switching gears for a sec, what do Canadian/Leaf fans think of Semin/Eminger's play the last couple nights? I thought Alex was breathtaking tonight with the puck. Eminger continues to shine.
I liked what I saw from both of them. A lot. Eminger showed some physical play and mean streak that I hadn't seen much from him before. I think he's terribly underrated on HF in terms of his maximum potential.

Semin is in the same boat. Underrated until lately. Showed some good quickness, anticipation of the play, and took the play to the Canadiens on a few shifts almost single handedly. He's already a player, and I hope Cassidy doesn't scratch him anymore. Semin deserves the stability of having a place on a scoring line all season if he gives the same effort he gave tonight for the most part. And considering the Caps need a rebuild, this would only make sense.

It's just too bad that the Caps have such a pitiful group of defensemen to surround Eminger with.

Here's a question for you: with the Habs having an excess of defensemen, they may look to move Quintal at some point this season. He's low on salary ($400k this year, I believe, as his contract was front loaded), would he be of any interest down there? He's in the last year of his contract as well.