View Single Post
Old
04-21-2011, 08:41 PM
Degenerate191

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
Is there video of this hit with a clock? Because I didn't even really think it was worth the 2 minutes. This is ridiculous.

Sometimes you can understand a suspension being extra long because there was no penalty called in game (like Pronger-Holmstrom), but this time he did get the penalty. You're telling me Ruutu's hit was as dangerous as Stoll's?

I normally defend the front office on suspensions. I was all for 2 games for Ryan, and more for Pronger's stomp. I was fine with Pronger's suspensions in 2007 (even kind of thought he should get an extra for the 1st one). But this really just floors me. But Giordano is still dumb.

I'm not even sure how Erat got that badly hurt on the hit.
Someone mentioned somewhere that Erat has chronic back spasms, which is where I'll bet the injury is. I can't make out any contact to the head, considering all the awful camera angles we've been given. I've seen it from the Nashville feed when it happened, NHL on the fly last night, plus during an intermission report on VS today, and I'm yet to see an angle that wasn't taken from the other side of the ice. Nobody seriously has a close-up?

Degenerate191 is offline   Reply With Quote