View Single Post
Old
10-15-2003, 12:32 AM
Mike8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Ya I said I did not like the first trade just got a gut feeling u know? Second trade fills all Edmontons needs puck moving d-man fills out our top 6 defense a big second line center that can probably click pretty well with Dvorak and Garon a potential no.1 goalie who can fill in after Salo leaves he should be a good buffer between Salo and Deslauriers. I like Bergeron but if we get Hainsey we might not need him or Cross would u be interested in Bergeron (don't worry I won't try to dump Cross on u)?
Just to let you know, Bulis plays LW now. He can be moved to center, but he is pitiful in the faceoff circle, and has said he prefers playing on the wing.

I also wouldn't count on Bulis to be all that productive in a top 6 role, by the way. He fills in fine in a top 6 role if he's needed, and is versatile enough to develop chemistry with most players, but he's still got a ways to develop before he can be called a top 6 forward.

That second deal is fine value wise, as I said. But it's a bit early for a rebuilding club to deal off one of its bluechippers for a holdout (albeit a young one), I would think though.