Thread: Spacek stinks
View Single Post
Old
04-22-2011, 08:33 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

vCash: 500
The whole team was playing great up until the first Bruin goal which was Spacek's missed assignment. Price still had a chance to make a save on a bad angle. And even after that the team came back.

It's the beauty of hockey in that it usually takes a series of mistakes to score a goal. Having said that I'm surprised Wiz has escaped the wrath of the fans. On one goal he was scampering back after he lost a battle in the neutral zone. On another Bruin goal he strolled out to the blueline leaving two Bruins with his D partner down low. Gomez didn't help.

I don't understand the criticism of Spacek on the last goal though. Never understood criticizing the lone d-man back on a 2 - 1 or 3 - 1 though. In those situations something else failed worse than the d-man having skilled players come in and score.

The Kelly goal was just blah but throughout the night and the regular season I'd say the common denominator has been Scott Gomez. And to his credit he helped to set up Moen who couldn't score a goal to save his life. And the way Thomas leaves rebounds it would have be nice to have someone (Darche) who can deposit the puck in the net.

In defense of Spacek the guy is just coming off of knee surgery. The Habs' D can't seem to stay assembled during the season or for the playoffs. It's just wear and tear on every other player when it's that decimated.

On to the next game and the next scapegoat.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote