View Single Post
Old
10-15-2003, 02:49 AM
Voice of Reason

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuPenguin
I hope some of you people win the state lottery, then get alienated by all your friends and family, get dumped by your beloved girlfriend of four years, and then discredited on national television; so you can experience first-hand how money doesn't bring you happiness.

There seems to be a lot of jealousy around these parts.
Of course there is...the jealousy that none of us are making tons of money to do something we absolutely love; play hockey.

You don't need to be a millionaire to experience the rough spots in life that Jags has gone through. Everybody deals with crap at some point.
I think we just expect him to not let it affect his job. If it does, get the right kind of help. If Jags is clinically depressed, go see a shrink. Do what the rest of us would do. I don't think most of us are belittling his problems; I think the way he's handling them are what's bothering people.
Regardless of what job you have, if your personal stuff starts impacting your work, you'll hear about it. Granted, most of us don't have newspapers and radio stations reporting about our issues, but you get my drift.