View Single Post
Old
04-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Do you think Wiz learned his lesson? I do. Do you think Ferrance learned his lesson? I don't.

The 53k difference is what imo caused Wiz to learn his lesson and Ferrance to not learn.

I do think that the NHL should send a msg to its refs though, to start giving out 2 minute penalties for giving the finger and I'm pretty sure that will stop players from doing it.
Which is exactly my point. Harsh suspensions will completely rid the game of obscene gestures, if that's what the league wants to do. I don't care either way, I'm an adult without any kids so to me, a gesture is a gesture. No skin off my back. I thought that was the message they were sending, but clearly they don't care about their image that much and this just makes them look even more foolish.

I have no doubt in my mind that had Wiz done his gesture during the playoffs, he'd only be fined as well. Which is another problem all together. League disciplinarians, just like their on-ice officials, are too scared to do their jobs when they think the games matter more.

Bill McNeal is online now   Reply With Quote