View Single Post
Old
04-22-2011, 11:35 AM
DrHamburg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
I see where you are coming from, but I think Z has done admirably thus far since replacing Nodl. If Nodl is good to play then it would be Holmstrom sitting instead of Z in all likelihood. I just cant see Z taking a seat unless the team is 100% healthy at forward, and even then, can the team afford to take him out when the team has been shutout twice so far in this series? All questions Lavy will have to answer once the line-up is healthy.

He saw more time in game 4 then he did in game 3 which leads me to think Lavy may be seeing something he likes out of him.

As for Powe, I think moving him to play with Giroux and Van Reimsdyk is a good idea, he should give them some space to play with his physical presence.

Those two are just inches away from potting a few on a nightly basis so far this series, it will all fall in to place soon enough.

Also, our depth is pretty apparent right about now. It seems that the team has a bunch of cold players (Richards, Carter, Leino, Briere, Hartnell, some more then others) who arent contributing offensively on even a semi-regular basis, yet the team has put 9 past Miller for 2 wins. This team needs to find its firepower thats for sure.
I think Zherdev has played alright since being in the lineup against Buffalo thus far. Even though I think him and carter bolting out in attempt to get a scoring chance costed us (giving a 2 on 1 vs carle and only goal scored) but that has really been my only complaint about him.