Thread: RNH or Seguin
View Single Post
Old
04-22-2011, 11:27 PM
Seguins Dragon*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
I might not say that openly but I would be thinking it to myself inside and hoping for the best.

But I am serious.
Quote:
My question is why? They both had similar point production in their draft years. Strome is faster and has better hands and work ethic. Seguin has the better shot (by not a lot) and although not elite, is the better passer. The only big difference I see is size and the fact that Seguin was more consistant throughout his OHL career. Seguin is just overrated and the top forwards in this draft are underrated. This draft was considered weak and is emerging as quite the opposite
Quote:
I was never high on Seguin and he got a lot of praise which bugged me because I don't think he was ever that good and if anything would have been happy to see Boston take him but I really don't care.

And how can you know for certain that Strome won't be as good as Seguin? I am sure you never though Jeffrey Skinner would have a better year than your first overall pick Hall... which I even called before the draft. That's because I have watched him play throughout almost his entire junior career in Kitchener. Kid's the real deal.
Quote:
I also got to see a lot of Strome this year and if he becomes bigger... oh man will he be good. He is extremely fast, has a good shot, good passer, and not afraid of getting hit and will fight. He has a fantastic work-ethic aswell. I'd maybe consider taking Strome > Seguin aswell but I most likely wouldn't.
Quote:
Nooooo.... I'm sure most people would take Huberdeau > Seguin aswell.
Quote:
Man, I've watched Seguin in juniors and I don't get why people are so high on him. I have seasons tickets to the Rangers and Knights and I also travel to go to other games and I have seen Seguin play numerous of times and he is just a fast goal scoring centre. Decent passing ability, not good defensively, and he may be fairly big but he doesn't use it often enough. Not to mention he disappears in important games. Hall was the obvious choice for first overall in my mind and Edmonton made the right choice.

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote