Thread: News Article: Offside on Bruins OT goal?
View Single Post
Old
04-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Alaix
I believe.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyzombies View Post
I don't understand these needless and argumentative stances. The play was offside. Why debate that. I thought it was offside when it first happened by the naked eye on television. The linesman just didn't have the courage to call a 3-on-1 offside in overtime. Or it's a fix, I dunno. But the linesman blew the call, clearly. Even my friends who are Boston fans agree and point to Kovalev's offside OT goal in 2004 as justification. The play was offside.

If you are taking the mindset that you are one of the players in Montreal's lockerroom - you are not. There is no need for you to focus your concentration on game 5, because you are only a fan. And as fans we can tell the truth and not worry about getting off our game in front of the television.
Wow you just brought it to a whole new level...
There is no debate since YOU think it was offside? I'm speechless.

According to you I can't have an opinion on the play and I can't say it's pointless to keep talking about the past? WOW!

If you went on other boards, you would see MOST people think it is onside.

From the rule book:
Quote:
A player is off-side when both skates are completely over the leadingedge of the blue line involved in the play.

A player is on-side when either of his skates are in contact with, or on his own side of the line, at the instant the puck completely crosses the leadingedge of the blueline regardless of the position of his stick.

Alaix is offline   Reply With Quote