04-23-2011, 10:42 AM
DaveG
Global Moderator
How's the thesis?

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecens24 View Post
When I sent my votes to seventies, I made a point to say to him that I feel awful having Dave's team in 4th, becasue I think that they deserve a lot better than that.

I think that, as I believe Dave just pointed out, the physicality will help a lot. I like this team a lot. I'll be interested to see arguments both ways and if Dave moves past him here, in the future for his team.
Though what you bring up is an interesting thing with the way Tony and I built our team. A lot of our selections were made disregarding the regular season and focusing far more on post-season success. Gilmour, Goring, Anderson, Blake, Pulford and even to a lesser extent Stevens, St Laurent, and Tocchet are all guys that have reputations as big time playoff players. Add to them one of the best 5 goalies of all time backstopping them. It wasn't necessarily our intent to build a team that's all that much of a regular season powerhouse, as much as it was to build one that would be a very very difficult team to beat in the playoffs, while trying to wear out the opponent over a long series via physicality.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote