View Single Post
Old
04-23-2011, 11:38 AM
Melvin Udall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Lyle View Post
Regardless of what happens in this series and the rest of the playoffs, What are some of the positive things you saw from this year's team?

There's a couple of things that come to mind for me right away. The first is PK's slow and steady development on his way to becoming one of the best defencemen in the league. Rookie blunders and all.

The second thing is, of course, Carey Price's performance this year after all the boos in the pre season and the challenge of taking over for Halak after his unbelievable performance in last year's playoffs.

Oh, and after this year is over, Gomez's contract has 2 less years on it from the time he joined the team.

Positives?

Yes there are a number of positives that the Hbas have to build on for thre future.

Price, PK, Max P. (assuming he will be able to return to the level of his play, pre-injury), and to a lesser degree....Lars Eller.

Otherwise, the HABS entire organization is mired in mediocrity and I would expect they will remain there unless and/or until Jeff Molson becomes adamant about the Habs becoming a seriuos Cup contender.

Considering Pierre Gauthier's NHL record as a GM, I will be more than pleasantly surprised if he is able to build a true contender.

But..........a guy named Dale Tallon - from Quebec no less, just might jump at an opportunity to leave Florida and build the Habs into a contender as he built the Black Hawks into a Cup champion.

It's all up to what Jeff Molson wants.

GO HABS GO!

Melvin Udall is offline   Reply With Quote