View Single Post
Old
04-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Fishhead

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
What an interesting choice of words you just made. In any event, since Kopitar was not in the question but was, in the manner he spoke it, in the answer, then we come to a narrow set of options. I am not sure why those that defend Murray here think that he is being attacked. He isn't. He is frustrated, probably very much so, and symbolically throwing his hands in the air and saying, "look, we are doing what we can without Kopitar". That is still an "excuse" but it's also normal and human nature. I just expect more from a coach whose primary role is to teach and motivate. That statement isn't consistent with either but everyone has that moment of tremendous frustration where they say things that may only be expressive of that state of mind within that moment.
Perhaps. He is probably accustomed to the constant daily questions of "what's the plan without Kopitar" or "how will you replace Kopitar's production" etc. that he has heard for the last few weeks.

Either way, interview skills is not one of TM's strong points. I think he's a solid coach, but unless he's being really straight forward, it's hard to figure out what he's thinking most of the time. Sometimes I just can't help but get the feeling this spills over to his communication with players. I don't know if his system is just intricate or the positioning isn't communicated to the players, but almost every game there are one or two glaring head-scratchers with positional play. I know players make errors, but these are more situations where the player looks totally lost.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote