View Single Post
Old
04-23-2011, 12:46 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
What an interesting choice of words you just made. In any event, since Kopitar was not in the question but was, in the manner he spoke it, in the answer, then we come to a narrow set of options. I am not sure why those that defend Murray here think that he is being attacked. He isn't. He is frustrated, probably very much so, and symbolically throwing his hands in the air and saying, "look, we are doing what we can without Kopitar". That is still an "excuse" but it's also normal and human nature. I just expect more from a coach whose primary role is to teach and motivate. That statement isn't consistent with either but everyone has that moment of tremendous frustration where they say things that may only be expressive of that state of mind within that moment.
If you look at what he goes on to say, it's more like he was saying, "Hey, this is what we've got." He enumerates Moller, Harrold and Drewiskie as the guys he has available to indicate that a big change is not likely. He didn't say anything about Parse at that time but the next morning at practice he did, that's what will cause the big shakeup here and force him to choose between Penner, Poni and Moller tonight.

He already addressed the Schenn possibilities at length in San Jose, although it didn't seem to get picked up since I think it was just myself and maybe three other reporters that were present when he spoke about it in detail (big group there for the initial discussion though).

Last edited by Andrew Knoll: 04-23-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Andrew Knoll is offline   Reply With Quote